THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Clutchmasters Flywheel w/ Luk 550i Clutch Kit

05-23-2024, 12:04 AM   #1
jamie24v
Jamie24v
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Hello I am a first time poster. I just finished having my clutch replaced on my 2017 M240i 6Spd RWD, and wanted to share my input on my Clutch and Flywheel selection.

I opted for the Single Mass Steel Flywheel from Clutchmasters (P# FW-340i-SF) paired with the 550i Luk Clutch Kit (P# 03-081).

So far the car feels great. It still has the OEM Pedal feel and the Single Mass Flywheel frees up a good amount of weight without being to aggressive. I can tell it likes to rev a bit faster and it is more noticable when I watch the revs fall. I am still in the Break in stage, so I have not driven it hard yet.

But I will update once I have broken in the clutch. My car has a Stage 2 MHD Tune so I am just babying the car around for next 500kms or so.

If there are any other 6 speed manual owners around that have been looking for a clutch replacement option without breaking the bank, I have to recommend this combo. It is a good cost effective option that is relatively OEM plus. Hope this helps anyone that is looking to have their clutch changed in the near future.

***UPDATE*** 06/07/24
Finished doing the break in process and I have to say it’s a great OEM+ option. The lighter Steel Single Mass Flywheel is perfect for street.
Would recommend to other 6mt Owners.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-26-2024, 10:24 PM   #2
Mike F.
Nobody in particular
Rep
Drives: '20 M240i

Thanks. Do you know if there were any issues with the installation?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2024, 03:15 AM   #3
jamie24v
Jamie24v
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
Thanks. Do you know if there were any issues with the installation?
No issues what so ever! I made sure to get all new hardware, pivot pin, rear main seal, etc. etc.

As long as you order new hardware and other supporting parts/hardware, then you shouldn’t have any issues.

Car feels great now! Would recommend to other 6mt owners looking for a street/sportier clutch & flywheel.
Appreciate 1
Mike F.125.50