THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Muffler Delete VS Catless Downpipe (SOUND COMPARISON)

05-21-2024, 10:01 AM   #1
Serc.
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series F23

Muffler Delete VS Catless Downpipe (SOUND COMPARISON)

Id like to know your opinion of what adds to a better sound on a N20 engine I have the 220i Version without a exhaust flap.
I already have a Resonator Delete and now id like to increase the sound and want to make it louder and get some stronger pops (i got BM3 Stage 1 Burble Tune Aggression 6 for 1.5sec on it).

Will a Muffler delete be the better option or a Catless downpipe, what would you guys recommend me to do?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 12:20 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

its going to be very raspy with some drone with either option. if you want more sound, get a catted downpipe

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 02:40 PM   #3
Serc.
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
its going to be very raspy with some drone with either option. if you want more sound, get a catted downpipe
300 cpsi catted downpipe is what i could get and id also pass the emissions here, which would be great. Otherwise i have to swap the downpipes before the tests every 2 years.

But i dont know if 300 cell downpipe will cut it for me in terms of sound. I want it louder. I also have to mention that i have a big sport muffler (similar size to stock muffler but twin exhaust pipes) which filters high pitched sounds pretty well.
But pops and bangs you can barely hear them.
Im driving a F23 cabriolet and even with the top down you dont hear much pops and BM3 doesnt recommend going over 6 in aggression when having a catted downpipe.
I watched many YouTube videos of before and after stock cat vs 300 cpsi cat but its really hard to tell how much louder it gets in person.
The resonator delete didnt do much to be honest.
Appreciate 0