View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #35
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I'd make peace. Find him and tell him s/t like 'I was thinking about this and realized I just went off my gut, but on reflection should have given you that spot. Was thinking first there claims the spot, but then I thought it over and realized that since you live right there and saw the open spot you were already thinking to park there, so didn't mean to piss you off (kind of like, in a tie, the homeowner trumps the renter)'. You aren't really saying you were wrong, just acknowledging what he probably was thinking, and taking it out of the realm of only one person being right (don't know about you, but if I was a homeowner in this situation, I'd appreciate that recognition). I mean, how often are you gong to be in this exact situation again anyway where both of you are right there for one spot, so being the bigger man verbally may end up freeing up that extra spot he's passive-aggressively taking up, and you won't have to look over your shoulder every time you park there (or after somebody else inevitably does s/t to his ride, since he's asking for it hard).
Appreciate 0