View Single Post
      01-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #21
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
Other than the tint what else did you order from them if anything? And other than the tint can you give us a list of everything else we need for instal?
only thing else i ordered was the 4.99 felt edge squeege....

requited stuff is on the product link too:

1 Quart Spray Bottle
Heat Gun or Hair Dryer
Bottle Soapy Water
Squeegee
XActo Knife

already had spray bottle and heat gun and just used some hand wash.
Trick is too clean the lens well so that there is no dust on it, then spray soapy water on the lens try not to spray too close to avoid dripping, then put the film and start heating and stretch

if you get wrinkles, just pull the film off till where the wrinkle starts and heat and stretch (it's easier if you have somebody's help so one can heat while stretching). Most wrinkles occur at the edge of the lens.
The key is to stretch wrinkle to the sides and then push the film onto the lens while stretching so that it sticks flat to the lens

Also don't cut the film till you are done with all the wrinkles and it's perfectly positioned on the lens else you will not have enough film to pull from to stretch. Once it's perfect leave around 1/4 inch extra film and push it in wrapping the lens

Hope it helps.... might sound hard but it's was nice to do it myself... not so much hard but frustrating at times.... worst case you pull the film off and start over.... maybe order some extra length for another light just in case..

Appreciate 0