View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #8
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Unfortunately, no. I'd be very curious to find out as well.
This may be of interest. Mark Magee from the Golden Gate Chapter gave a presentation to the Genesee Valley Chapter up in Rochester earlier this year. He explained how GGC has incorporated data analysis into its HPDE events. The AiM Solo was the logger he used in his examples, and he provided us with the data files so we could begin to play around with the software interface.

I asked Mark how they handled the issue of AiM not being particularly clear about exactly what data would be logged on certain channels, and he shared that in the case of a Corvette driver they changed the Corvette model in the Solo's configuration and got a more useful set of logged channels. Not having a unit yet, I don't know what our options are in this regard, but I'd imagine that choosing the 1 Series might be a place to start if the 2 Series data streams come up short.

You mentioned AiM's wonky software, and it is that. I think at this price point we're not really in a position to complain. I had a full set of MoTeC gear in a race car, and its designed-for-professionals i2 Pro software was intuitive and quite powerful. I use it to this day to go back and use old data to answer new questions that come up.

While I'd love to have that kind of power at my fingertips again, the cost would be astronomical compared to AiM's $700 unit. I'm hoping that between the vendor I choose, AiM's youtube videos, and other users both online and at the track, I'll learn the software well enough to be able to quickly and effectively analyze my laps after each session. Based upon what what I saw and was able to use on my laptop during Mark's presentation, I think this is achievable. I already know what needs work - I just need to see the fine-grained results of my efforts before going back out to resume working towards that day's goals.
Appreciate 1
msendit424.00