View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #15
petegtsv10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
LOL. The crap winter weather lasted forever this year, so the Volvo had been getting most of the action until more recently.

As for the nannies being on or off, I was mainly referring to my experience when accelerating in 70-80 degree weather while in Sport+ (Dynamic Traction Control active). Sport+ allows more power to make it to the wheels i.e. more wheel spin and sideways action. The open diff very obviously causes a sketchy ride when getting on the throttle hard or accelerating briskly on bumpier roads while in Sport+. I know when DTC is active, DSC is still supposed to catch me when I overdo it, but I simply don't trust it enough for public roads and therefore I end up lifting off the throttle instead of enjoying everything the B58 has to offer.

In Comfort or Sport mode where the nannies are fully on, it is leaving too much power on the table as DSC

I'm all for a wild ride, but I'd like for any and all sideways action to be induced by me and not by an unintentional 1-wheel burnout. The LSD is the only way I'm going to get the predictability and maximum power delivery I am after.
There is only one shop I would trust my car to do the LSD and it's not too far from you. They do have an enclosed trailer, too. Contact me if you want more info. I'm not sure what forum rules allow me to say here.
Appreciate 0