View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Which tires do you have on the car? Assuming they're the MPSS tires, they can get a bit greasy in really hot summer temps. They're super grippy in the 65 to 80 degree range though. Below 50 and they're hockey pucks.

But yes, I totally understand what you're saying about the rear end sliding side to side on hard acceleration. In most cases, 1st gear is pretty worthless on full throttle. In 2nd, I see a descent amount of spin, especially as the turbo really goes full tilt. In an NA car, you usually get spin on the initial punch. With these I6 turbos, the spin (at least in my car) is more apparent as the boost builds. It's not uncommon for my M235 to be spinning the tires a bit from 4500-6500rpms. Even then though, it's manageable.

And yes, the MP LSD makes a HUGE difference in managing spin and control. See my recent review of the LSD install after over 2 years of ownership. It's like adding a ton of weight over the axle and much wider tires. The difference in traction and control is immense. The car feels abundantly more stable. I drive almost entirely in DSC Off and have no concerns. The rear is so much easier to control when the tires are spinning. 1st gear traction is also significantly better and I use quite a bit more throttle and launch a lot harder.

Lastly, you'll get use to the power. The car will also eventually turn you into a BMW prick when it comes to driving on the highway. The stability of the car at high speeds and its ability to generate speed will make you drive fast. Promise.