Thread: Sound System
View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
shawncas
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora S

Thumbs down Sound System

Mods, please delete this. (Sincere apologies as I just now took note of the other sections of the site. (Been happy living in the general forum.) Apologies for that.

I won't lie, I didn't search this topic before posting this.. Have been living a couple pages deep and haven't seen much mention of it.

So, I got my '16 M235i the other day... Thanks all for the invaluable input in making this purchase.. Car is truly brilliant so far as to what will become a lightly modded, daily here in Orlando. (Lotus Evora S is my other, "daily.")

I really tried to make sure one of the features I truly was searching for was the upgraded Harmon Kardon sound system.... Well my model had it!

But.... It is embarrassingly bad!!! For a "premium upgrade," in audio quality, the output of this thing is horrendous. Tinny highs and absolutely no lows.

My question.. Anyone else disagree with this? Anyone that agrees that found a solution, perhaps other than the traditional sub, amp and component replace?

I am not an audiophile by any means, but I thought the factory low grade Alpine and Pioneer that comes OEM in my Lotus was bad... It's a glorious treat in comparison.

Any suggestions?

Side note.. This is about the only thing I can bitch about on this car so far after a few days and a couple hundred miles.. Is truly a brilliant car.

Last edited by shawncas; 06-08-2018 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0