View Single Post
      06-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
nomuffinforyou
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohay View Post
I recently got a 240 with a HK sound system, I have read a few posts on here and have to agree about the performance. It sounds ok but at loud volumes it is draining.

Looking at either the Eton or focal front speakers, the focals are a little more and i had focals in a previous car and they were very good. Are they worth the extra over the Eton?

In terms of rear speakers most posts recommend the JL audio speakers are they much better than the Eton rear speakers?

I actually think the low bass is ok, just lacks mid depth and the highs are to strong so hopefully the new speakers will resolve this.
I went with Focals for my M235 with the HiFi system and I'm pretty happy, but replacing the amp is going to be necessary (for me at least), the factory one is hot garbage. Though I might just wait until Integral Audio puts out a full system for the 2 series and do a full swap. I used their underseat woofers and am extremely impressed.
I'd say if you're not planning on replacing everything then I'd get the cheaper speakers since you'll hit diminishing returns real fast without changing the elctronics. And if you want to fix the mid depth you might have to swap out the underseat subs since that helped more with that for me than the door speakers.
Appreciate 0