View Single Post
      11-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #32
Tony88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235ix

Just want to share my story about a similar situation I went through earlier today.

So I have the bimmertech amp and I remember back when I installed it that not having the stock H/K amp in place could cause new programming to fail. With that in mind, any time I take my car to the dealer (a 400 mile drive for me) I throw the stock amp in the trunk just in case.

Well today, I had an appointment to get the FEM body module replaced because of a separate issue. The dealer calls telling me that after replacing the module, the car will not accept any new programming. Now the car won’t start or be drivable for at least a few days until they can get with BMW NA but they won’t be available till Monday. It’s saturday now and I need to be back home by Monday morning.

I went down to the dealer, told them the situation and they were nice enough to let me throw the stock amp back in the car and try again (It’s not everyday you help a BMW tech push your dead car from one bay to another to get coded) 10 minutes later the tech calls me and tells me the programming is working!

I was so relieved I would be getting my car back on time!
Appreciate 1