View Single Post
      11-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #135
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
I believe the M235i is destined to be one of the all time great BMW's, one that will increase the magic of the brand, a halo car without a halo price.

The M2 is so much of an unknown now. It has to sit somewhere between the 322 HP of the M235i and the 420+ (I can't remember the right number0 of the upcoming M3/M4. I suppose it is possible to squeeze around 370 horses out of a well pressurized two liter 4 pot, build the rest of the car light with carbon fiber and and aluminum body parts and wind up with something really interesting. Then again, it might have a 6.
This is the same story repeated for M2. I think from 2008 to 2010 the common consensus is no M variants of 1. People make up justifications why 1M can not be, one is the name M1 is taken, two it is going to step on M3's toes, three no enough production years left in the generation.

BMW will hold off on news of M2 until all buyers who are willing to settle for a M235i buy one then they are going to let the news loose. Then who those 2er owners who really want a M they would upgrade anyways, making it a double purchase for BMW.

I regret not waiting for the 1M. This time around I am just going to wait it out because I'm certain M2 is coming. If not I can always jump into a cayman