beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
The MPE makes glorious sounds. Period. I've had mine for over two years (no other exhaust mods) and never tire of it. I'm extremely picky about mods and wasted lots of money on exhausts on prior cars that were raspy or droned.

The MPE does not drone at all. It has quite a bit more overrun pops than stock, especially if you have a 6mt. The sound is so linear and fluid. It has a slightly exotic warble and has a rather deep sound. No rasp and no drone. Better yet, it's OEM and fits perfectly. With the windows down, it sounds amazing and friends constantly say how good it sounds. With the windows up, it is far from loud. I'd say maybe 10% louder than stock. With then windows down, more like 20% and it's all you want to hear.

DO NOT remove the resonator as a cheap way out. You'll regret it as it will introduce some rasp and odd exhaust noises. The resonator is there to quell certain, ugly sounds.
Thats all good. I am happy for you.

But removing resonator is the best way to get more sound in higher RPM where you need it and still keep quiet in cruise speeds. And thats how this car should sound if regulators didnt have dB limits. The "odd" exaust note you describe I havnt heard, neither have anyone else in meets. Each to their own I guess.

And it was just in for service and the guys at BMW where sure I had MPE, they even asked twice if I am sure it wasnt MPE.

This was taken last night(VIMEO LINK):

Edit2: I am not allowed to post Vimeo links?

Last edited by beMtroubleYou; 08-11-2018 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: There should be a video
Appreciate 0