05-22-2019, 11:19 PM   #21
ghost.M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
I am taking a stab at this, to suggest (at least) that the LSD itself is cross compatible. The case, however, is the question. Take both pumpkins loaded to a Transmission shop and have them review the spec's on both. One will obviously have the different final drive. The trans shop should be able to swap everything over for you, within a couple of hours.

I'd honestly just have them pop off the ring gear from the F22's stock open diff, transfer it to the LSD, and re-install the LSD into the F22 pumpkin. Sounds like the path of least resistance aside from just trying to dry fit the F30 rear end, and find out later that the car doesn't like it. I would not want to swap a rear end out twice, that's for sure.

GL, keep us all posted! This is exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.M View Post
I have F80 lowering springs and F30 sways bars on my M235i so it seems I will be the guinea pig for another cross platform modification haha. I went ahead and ordered it earlier this week from another seller and it was about $620 shipped. Can't beat that price, and should be easy to resell if necessary. It won't arrive until July as they are backordered from Germany so it will be some time before I can have it installed on the car. Excited to see how this works and love to see the discussion that has developed!
Yes that is definitely an option I hadn't considered. It's shipping to my race shop (Dirty Euro Customs) here in SLC as they've helped me with all of my experimentation so far and can literally do anything and everything you could want them to. We looked over the specs for both diffs on realoem together and there weren't noticeable differences in the pumpkins, axles, mounting hardware, etc, but we'll only know for sure once we try it out. They were down to give it a shot so if the whole pumpkin doesn't fit for whatever reason I'll either sell it or try swapping the internals. Good call!
Appreciate 0