View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #18
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I am taking a stab at this, to suggest (at least) that the LSD itself is cross compatible. The case, however, is the question. Take both pumpkins loaded to a Transmission shop and have them review the spec's on both. One will obviously have the different final drive. The trans shop should be able to swap everything over for you, within a couple of hours.

I'd honestly just have them pop off the ring gear from the F22's stock open diff, transfer it to the LSD, and re-install the LSD into the F22 pumpkin. Sounds like the path of least resistance aside from just trying to dry fit the F30 rear end, and find out later that the car doesn't like it. I would not want to swap a rear end out twice, that's for sure.

GL, keep us all posted! This is exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.M View Post
I have F80 lowering springs and F30 sways bars on my M235i so it seems I will be the guinea pig for another cross platform modification haha. I went ahead and ordered it earlier this week from another seller and it was about $620 shipped. Can't beat that price, and should be easy to resell if necessary. It won't arrive until July as they are backordered from Germany so it will be some time before I can have it installed on the car. Excited to see how this works and love to see the discussion that has developed!