View Single Post
      03-15-2023, 02:10 PM   #1652
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Almost no one is on mmWave at any given time, as you mention. I am not sure even the UWB indicators on phones are truthful at all times. When your phone says 5G, especially if you're not in a city, it's Sub-6 LTE, which is fantastic. Gonzo is just a nut who doesn't know what he's talking about.

mmWave is quite useful in large public venues like stadiums if the backhaul can keep up. My office building has mmWave on the roof and the speeds are absurd.
SUb 6 5G typically has comparable speeds to 4G LTE... at times its a bit faster but adds very little if anything in way of the experience of the user. Again, no idea what the consumer use case here was for just basic phone internet usage. One cannot do anything the other could not.

MM wave is supremely fast but you have to be very close to a tower and even then it's insanely spotty... again, what is the consumer use case here? Like you mentioned, the only realistic one is in an arena that hasmassive load usage from a lot of people... even in that scenario I have seen it work SO far very poorly and spotty. Case in point, a few airports I have been at, downtown centers and bballa arenas.