View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 04:00 PM   #35
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
It does surprise me that these charge pipes were not engineered to handle at least 2x stock boost levels or more as a precautionary measure. Any number or combination of Elevated boost levels, excessive heat, stress, varying pressure, plus temperature change and expansion/contraction could be causing premature failure. Otherwise, there would not be people having issues. I have been running 14-16lbs for the last 8,000 mi with no noticeable problems. I suppose it could be cracked but definitely not losing any significant amount under boost. I have a VRSF C.P. Ready to go in along with the 6" Race I.C. when this crap weather breaks. Im not doubting the weakness of the stock C.P. Actually I'm in agreement with others that some get lucky and some don't. I just wonder why BMW, with a known issue, let this go and didn't modify to make them more durable especially under stock boost levels.
Funny thing about the CP's is they had them right in the early years 07-08 then they started making them worse in 09.
Appreciate 0