01-14-2019, 12:44 AM   #34
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnorth View Post
I am not opposing those who want to change their plastic and if I can establish this to be a problem even on a ecu tune - that I have myself - I will bow in the dust and run and do it myself :-) I am rather debating why many seems to see or experience a problem in the US when most European tuners go quite a bit above 400hp and still don't see or experience the same problem. This is what arises my "doubt". It seems that most tuners here does an Ecu tune and not a box that fools the Ecu to think the boost is at a much lower level than it actually is and I am wondering if that might be why so many are experiencing the problems that seems to be presented here. Then again, it would be interesting to do a poll - how many has a broken pipe and what kind of tune do they have. Just trying to find some answers and learn.
why argue with what has been said? i have an m135i iv blown two plastics charge pipes and the car was stock then. my brother has a m235i and has blown 1 charge pipe car is stock as well and both cars have 40000km on them. i replaced mine when i went FBO its so easy to do when fitting the cooler.

to correct you, You also state the European tuners ecu tune the car(while there are a lot that do) and not a box that fools the ecu.... of the ones you mentioned ac schnitzer and manhart both use plug and play systems?

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0