Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripAndRip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc3456 View Post
Don't hold your breath as Dinan mods are repeatedly the most disappointing when independently tested factoring the costs.
Price notwithstanding, this particular setup yields ~400 whp on an M235. That's about a ~90 whp increase over a stock car which traps 109 with 8AT. SO let's assume this will trap 116, a similar speed to a stock F8x M3/4 which everyone knows is pretty damn fast.

Now as far as cost is concerned, only the piggyback is far more expensive than competitors. The bolt-ons are similar to anything else on the market. With that high price, piece of mind is obtained. No other tuning company offers a factory matching warranty on its ECU tunes and hardware. Not having to worry about out-of-pocket costs on a 400 whp M235 is awesome. There's no need to email Terry pertaining to any issues and receiving a response asking the user to perform data logs. Some of us just don't need this kind of automotive stress in our lives.
Let me start by saying I love my Dinan flashed car. I bought it used at 50k. But your statement on similar prices for bolt on mods is so far from the truth it hurts. Compare a Dinan FMIC price to the price of a VRSF or Active Autowerks or really any other FMIC with similar core size and efficiency.

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

Just as a comparison. You are paying for the warranty, that is the price difference. Dinan is very expensive compared to its competition due to this very reason.
Dinan hasn't flashed your car.
Appreciate 0