View Single Post
      02-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #26
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
The 235IR race car does use stock everything.
Its also DE-TUNED to 300whp, so its running less boost that a stock 235.

Much less risk of it breaking or popping. When you tune your car and double the stock psi, you need to change the charge pipe.

Or don't, than when it does brake, you'll have a vision of this thread to haunt you forever...

The BMW Racing models are rated at 333hp and 330tq. If they're making 300whp, then that means they're making the same stock power as we see in the street cars which means they're making the same boost. There are numerous dynojets showing 300-310whp stock with autos showing on the lower end. All BMW M235 Racing models are autos sooooooo....

I've done the research. I've found one instance of an M235 owner reporting a blown charge pipe and he was running significant boost. That's it.

I'm surprised no one has developed a simple collar to go around charge pipe at the throttle body mounting point. That's where the CPs typically fail on other BMWs. A 2 inch wide hinged collar that wraps around the failure point would be so easy to develop and install. The failure is caused by heat, expansion, high boost, and the engine torquing in its mounts over time. The collar would fix this rather than screwing around with a metal pipe that heat soaks.
Appreciate 0