View Single Post
      05-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #22
Distrikt
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneves View Post
I'm surprised that there isn't a thread or two about this here...

I have a 2016 228i N20 with a Dinantronics SPORT set permanently to "Race" mode (+4) on regular California 91 gas.

Tempted to switch to BM3 OTS Stage 1 and wondering what the differences (and hopefully improvements) will be. I am happy with the performance of the piggy-back but wish it was a bit smoother in the mid-range.
Thought I'd share my experience as both a JB+ and now a Bootmod3 Stage 1 user. to note my car is dead stock. I had been running the JB+ for 2 years now and had it set to +3,5 psi and is a great little piece of Hardware and had tons of fun driving with it. My Experience with the JB+ was that (because it only boosts psi) it would kick in at close to 4000rpm and the power gain was very noticeable. I have used Torque to data log and would see a max psi in the region of 19psi all up. I have gone up against many 3 litre v6 cars, power to weight ratio being a big factor here but have left them behind from a dig and pulled away. i have also gone up against an Audi S3 and it was very close, with the S3 pulling away slightly. The one thing that did bother me with the JB+ was the fact that it made the car jerky and was not that smooth through the gears but overall I had a great experience with it.

I decided to take it a step further and also wanted some burbles so decided to go with the bootmod3 stage1 tune. Have been running the tune for a couple of days now and from my experience what a difference over the JB+. More power and smoother to boot, my car feels like anther machine. Same torque app used on same profile setting and my psi is now at 21.9psi. I also noted that the sports display has been re calibrated through bootmod3 and i have got it to 220KW. (295HP). Ready to take on the Audi S3 again for a rematch in the near future .

The slight burbles that come with the stage 1 tune are fine for now and sound better in Sports Mode with flap always open.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers
Appreciate 0