View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #29
c-m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
I have asked and have had numerous replies and that seems to be the consensus, that you MUST have the XDI-35 hpfp if you upgrade to the PS2 kit. But Jeff @ Top Gear Solutions says that is NOT true and you can run the Stage II turbo upgrade with just the Fuel-It Stage II kit, which is basically the factory pump replaced with a Walboro 450 and new lines and connectors.
The only question that I have yet to get an answer for is that, can you get away with the PS2 upgrade, Fuel-It Stage II and the PS2 OTS MAP that is available through MHD?
But, keep in mind there are two different boost levels, one @ 18 psi putting out around 455 WHP. Then there is the 23 psi set-up, which I personally feel needs a custom tune from Wedge Performance, also the upgraded hpfp to the XDI-35, which will get you around 525 WHP.
For some reason I have not been able to get anyone on this forum to confirm or deny this suggestion.
I myself (because of finances) was going to run the PS2 turbo kit, Fuel-It Stage II lpfp (already installed), and the OTS MAP by MHD for the Pure Turbo Stage II @ 18 psi.
Then when I can afford it I would finish it with the XDI-35 hpfp, Custom tune by Ken @ Wedge Performance for a 23 psi set-up. I will eventually get to where I am running water/meth injection. But, until then I am just running pump gas @ 92 octane. I really don't doubt that you can run the PS2 upgrade with the Pure Turbos Stage II OTS tune offered by MHD. I know when I switched over from the VF Engineering tune to my current MHD Stage II+ Tune, my car has run flawlessly!
It would be great if anyone knows for sure or who has actually gone this route?
Thanks,
David
You can absolutely run the PS2 without upgraded fueling. There is a point where the stock pumps can’t keep up. Most people upgrade the LPFP and HPFP so they can max out the turbo, which is what I did. I’m running PS2, FBO, fuel-it stage 2 LPFP and XDI-60 HPFP. It’s fantastic. I’m currently on a 93 pump gas tune that hits peak boost around 22lbs. Going full E85 next spring and hope to max out at 550whp. The upgraded LPFP and HPFP allow for full E85 as well. Stock pumps can’t handle that. This is what I’ve gathered from researching over the past 5 months.
Appreciate 0