View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #28
F1wheels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Pure Turbos Stage II

I have asked and have had numerous replies and that seems to be the consensus, that you MUST have the XDI-35 hpfp if you upgrade to the PS2 kit. But Jeff @ Top Gear Solutions says that is NOT true and you can run the Stage II turbo upgrade with just the Fuel-It Stage II kit, which is basically the factory pump replaced with a Walboro 450 and new lines and connectors.
The only question that I have yet to get an answer for is that, can you get away with the PS2 upgrade, Fuel-It Stage II and the PS2 OTS MAP that is available through MHD?
But, keep in mind there are two different boost levels, one @ 18 psi putting out around 455 WHP. Then there is the 23 psi set-up, which I personally feel needs a custom tune from Wedge Performance, also the upgraded hpfp to the XDI-35, which will get you around 525 WHP.
For some reason I have not been able to get anyone on this forum to confirm or deny this suggestion.
I myself (because of finances) was going to run the PS2 turbo kit, Fuel-It Stage II lpfp (already installed), and the OTS MAP by MHD for the Pure Turbo Stage II @ 18 psi.
Then when I can afford it I would finish it with the XDI-35 hpfp, Custom tune by Ken @ Wedge Performance for a 23 psi set-up. I will eventually get to where I am running water/meth injection. But, until then I am just running pump gas @ 92 octane. I really don't doubt that you can run the PS2 upgrade with the Pure Turbos Stage II OTS tune offered by MHD. I know when I switched over from the VF Engineering tune to my current MHD Stage II+ Tune, my car has run flawlessly!
It would be great if anyone knows for sure or who has actually gone this route?
Thanks,
David

Last edited by F1wheels; 10-14-2019 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0