Thread: Radar Detection
View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 10:06 PM   #66
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

I have to say that the V1G2 paired with JBV1 is a seriously powerful solution! I can't believe that app is free. I donated to the developer what I'd be willing to pay for such an app.

A few days in using this combination and I'm loving it. In my truck I can have JBV1 on my phone and Waze on the truck's android auto.

In my M2C JBV1 and Waze work together that I could have either or up and not lose any functionality.

I know some see it as a con for the V1G2 not having onboard GPS and some of the built in features of other competitors, but I think pairing it with JBV1 is a more powerful solution. Yes, you have to run an app which some see as a con, but I have it set that JBV1 launches automatically and it, in turn, launches waze automatically. Then, when I get out of the vehicle and it loses connection with the V1G2, JBV1 shuts down itself and Waze.

It's basically seamless once you have everything set the way you want. There's so many options in JBV1 that it's overwhelming at first and I'm still learning all of it's possibilities. Again, I can't believe it's free but the developer is committed to keeping it free.

Love it!