View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

RaceCapture Track Mk2

I am wondering if anyone is using the Autosport Labs RaceCapture data logging / telemetry products.

I was using TrackAddict on a android screen (5Hz GPS) connected to OBD with OBDLink SX usb cable, for minimum latency and it worked great.

But as my skills grow so do my data logging needs and I turned my eye on RaceCapture Track Mk2. I especially needed G sensor data and oil pressure.

Since the accelerometer / gyro is integrated in the RC this data is easy to get, but the oil pressure is not. The RC app has a CAN BUS preset for the N55 M2, but I did not work for me ( N20 engine ).

I'm opening this thread to document my findings and maybe get some help from people that already have some CAN id-s and the formulas to get the relevant data from them.

On OBDII the relevant channels available are:
  • engine temp
  • RPM
  • throttle position
  • oil temp
  • IAT

What I would like to have ( for now ) is:
  • oil pressure
  • steering angle
  • brake pedal position

One thing that crossed my mind is that the BM3 already has access to those can id's, so they should be mapped somewhere, not sure how to get them though.
Attached Images

Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger

Last edited by ngl; 12-28-2020 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: added pictures
Appreciate 0