Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
I stumbled on this thread after trying to find some information on how to remedy what has to be the worlds worst audio system I have ever heard in a car. Reminds me of my first car's audio system (1974 Dodge Dart). A single speaker under the center of the dash. How the name of the baby Jesus does one fix this rolling s**t show of an audio disaster? I've resorted to driving with my iPhone headphones. I have to drive my F150 from time to time to hear some good audio (its actually very good).

Ok, rant over. So seriously, is there is an easy fix to this nightmare?
You must have owned some pretty nice cars with great stock stereos. My wife's 2020 Toyota 4runner is frighteningly bad and makes my M235's HK system sound like $7000 high end setup. I'm getting ready to $1700 to fix the OEM audio in the 4runner.
Just ignore anyone in the F22/87 section that shits on the HK audio system; I can concur that it sounds absolutely fine and most of the geniuses that complain about it are just using a poor fidelity input source or interfered with the ASD, center-channel speaker, exhaust valve controller, fuses, and/or amp; forcing the system into a limited fail-safe mode, hence the reason they assume it's a supposedly a crappy sounding system.

It's a prefect audio setup for a vehicle in this price range, so no complaints here, even when I actively go looking for them so I too can jump on this HK bashing bandwagon 🤷🏻
Appreciate 3