View Single Post
      04-17-2021, 11:29 PM   #3956
imperialgrunt
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Good to hear the owner is up for helping. I hope they can resolve this quickly.

In theory, yeah, anything could have been damaged. But more likely it is an improperly torqued top mount or maybe the rubber insulator that goes between the spring and the strut top mount. IF anything is damaged it is on the shop.

The noise sounds like rubber being torqued on (in my opinion of course). Not metal to metal, which is good. But clearly something is binding and causing the noise. I am willing to bet it can be fixed fairly easily, unless Dinan still has an issue with its springs. But I don't think this is related personally.

Looking forward to hearing what the fix was....

josh
The problem is fixed. I took my car to their shop in Fremont and the car was literally out in 15 min. I’m glad they were able to fix it with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
I am experiencing the same thing. Got my Dinan springs and handling kit installed a little while ago and I have the same noise on the same side.
Yes mine got fixed. The owner of the shop said the spring wasn’t seated correctly, most likely by going over a dip too quickly after the install or something like that he suggested. Perhaps try starting there.

Keep us updated on the issue.
Appreciate 2
kianf2264.00
spidy512491.50