View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 06:20 PM   #3949
imperialgrunt
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
There was a sales freeze on the Dinan springs last year due to this creaking issue. My understanding is that there are some defective ones out there so I would give the shop a call and alert them to this if they are unaware. I was unable to purchase the springs last year while they were sorting out the issue and ultimately decided to pass on them.
That's pretty concerning. I ordered these springs from UroTuning beginning of February, and they barely arrived a few weeks ago due to getting pushed back week after week. The whole reason I went with Dinan is for the quality, but I've had bad luck with their product since the get-go it seems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
No. That is not normal.

And driving it like that for a 1000 miles is ridiculous. I mean I get things settle. But that sounds shady to me that they suggest you wait.

I would have them remove them or redo the install. No way would that be acceptable, at least for me. If is indeed a defective spring, I hope Dinan would help you out in this case. Maybe pay for the labor?

my two cents....

josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristo View Post
Could instead be the top strut mount.
I talked to the shop owner, and made an appointment to get it looked at this Friday. He too suggested that it could be the strut mounts. But my issue is that my suspension had 0 noise or issues prior to the install.

I'm not too familiar with suspension components, but could the mounts have been damaged during the spring & handling kit install?
Appreciate 0