View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 06:19 PM   #18
IAmJovonW
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Abuser View Post
OP, where in Florida are you? Down south we have a few great BMW shops on the east coast, BimmerSpeed and Germanline Motorsports. Both do great work. I also recent lunch got an M235i and went with CTS Turbo intercooler and charge pipe because I was afraid of bad quality from VRSF (had a downpipe recently from them on my father's B46 330i and it didn't fit right). I'm just stage 1 right now on bm3 and boy did it wake up the car. Stock bosch plugs are fine until you go big turbo. Congrats and enjoy the new ride!
I live in Orlando. I went with the tune with the upgraded chargepipe and downpipe. Unfortunately the FMIC was wrong so I'll have to wait for a replacement. So far the car has a bit of a different personality. More angry. However, when pushing down on throttle, it sound like air being released from a balloon. Whiny like. I'll call the shop tomorrow and let them know but is that normal with a stock intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
-Skip the intake they do nothing but generate noise.
-Go with the VRSF 6.5 competition - it's $40 more and offers more headrooom with no tradeoff
-I would consider the Turbosmart DV. While it doesn't "increase" power, it does allow the car to hold boost better, and improve throttle response.
- Apex wheels. I know, everyone has them, but they are light, relatively cheap, and work.
On top of bringing in the FMIC, I do plan on upgrading the intake and BoV. Do I need a chargepipe to match with the BoV? I think I was having a hard time looking for compatible parts for that.
Appreciate 0