Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
A tuned X3M would stomp a z06 in what? A drag race? lol

So tune a z06 or modify that and the tables are reversed again.

You said i'm comparing apples to oranges but then bring a freaking small SUV that's modified to the equation.

I already said they're 2 different cars so it's foolish to compare. Not even sure why anyone would cross shop a C8 Z06, or any generation z06 to an M car. They're different cars for different purposes.

I got an M3 to GO ALONG with my C7Z. It will never, and can never be a replacement for it. Different cars. First off the M3, as gorgeous as it looks will never look as good as a C7 widebody, and doesn't even come close to what GM made with the C8Z. The car looks like a supercar and an M3 is just a 3-series with fender flares essentially.

I didn't even get to the engine part of it. A GM small block would stomp whatever BMW put in their M cars, in both sound and power efficiency.

Do i believe BMW can make a supercar? Of course. Any car maker can. But they have respectful automotive lanes to stay in. BMW knows they can't compete in the market where the corvette falls under. Because they have a different identity. And which is why i said if they did, the car would cost around 180K+ and it would still get beat by corvette.
Well how I ended up with my E86 Z4 Coupe was because of the C7. Mid 2014 when the C7 was introduced I was hardover to buy one. I was just waiting for the prices to come down from the introductory ADM. I found a LT1 with the Z51 package a reasonable price of $45K. The idea for me was the E90 was aging at 250,000+ miles and I wanted to have a second car to use when the E90 was in for DIY repairs. I figured I'd get a new sportscar fresh with zero miles on it.

Well I just couldn't justify driving a V8 175 miles to work on occasion, or for weeks at a time when working on the E90. Weekends I don't drive much, so I didn't need a "weekend" car. Long story short, I pivoted and looked at a Cayman just to get something than a BMW (I've had at least one since 1988). I didn't really like the Cayman, so an epiphany happened and I remembered the E86 Z4 Coupe. Perfect choice, same engine as the E90, same mechanicals as an E46. 2-seat sports car. Plenty of performance for the street I could compare with a C7; obliviously not comparable at maximum performance levels, but anything over how fast I drive the Z4, which the C7 would provide, would get me a reckless driving ticket in Virginia and a ride in a State Police Taurus.

I'd say a fair cross shop between BMW and a Corvette is the E85/86 Z4M Roadster and Coupe.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0