View Single Post
      11-05-2021, 10:19 PM   #74
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
There is nothing BMW can offer that will be on par with z06. Especially not a C8 z06 and that's just the beginning of the variants.

They're different platforms so it's foolish to really compare. If you want to talk luxury features, obviously the BMW would suit better. If you want just performance then it depends because again it's 2 different cars.

If BMW made a corvette z06 equivalent, they'd charge 180k+. And it probably won't be able to compete with a corvette anyway. Corvettes are perfect at what they're built for. And BMW M cars are perfect at what they're built for. 2 different cars. 2 different classes.

A corvette z06 would always be faster than an M5 stock or even an M8 aside from a dig but on track and in the 1/4 a corvette z06 will always be faster. Stock C7Z's have been trapping in the low 130s. The fastest stock C7Z was 10.4 @ 134. M8 is 10.7? M5 same thing?

Corvettes aren't even drag cars yet it does that well. I suspect the C8 z06 to run a 10.3-10.4 stock with it's immediate traction. It's rumored to run the ring at 7 minutes flat or even better.

An M8 runs the ring in 7:32 or something. Which is oddly slow for an M car with that much power. A base C8 stingray ran it in 7:29.

I mean i totally get it if you prefer one brand over the next but at least be real in the comparison lol
You're comparing apples to oranges lol...

I'd wager an e30 tuned X3MC would stomp the Z06.... just saying.

I think the whole let's make a high horsepower NA V8 is archaic thinking and frankly a marketing ploy. Sure may work for awhile, but a boosted application with 3/4s the displacement would dominate.

Ask yourself this.... don't you think if BMW truly wanted to make a supercar they could?

BMW aspires to make Super "do everything" cars.... which they've mastered.

The M8GC in itself is a complete rule breaker and flat out historic.

Rememner the last time Chevy made a factory 10sec 4 seater?..... me neither.
Appreciate 1