View Single Post
      10-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #12
BMW13x
Rep
Drives: 1, 3, X3

The supposed M-Sport brakes on my M235 are a complete disappointment with less performance than standard BMW brakes on my 335i.

one of the selling points of the M235 was is comes standard with M-Sport brakes. However, I'm not sure what that really is. since the car is different than the 3 series, BMW most likely designed a total different brake system and called it M-Sport. they are no way a comparable brake system to Brembo.

Performance. The pedal travel is very mushy. there are several reviews stating the brakes are mushy. What is really disappointing is the Brake Fade when I step on the brakes hard. The car is very fast and brakes (stopping a fast car) are so important. When the car can't stop, it is scary.

my 335i normal brakes out performs the M235 hands down. the pedal pressure required is low compared to M235. I have even compared it to M3 brake testing that is superior to both.

if you are considering the M235, test the brakes and test them hard from at least 80 mph to 10 mph or so. you will be amazed at how poorly it slows.
Appreciate 0