08-14-2019, 12:34 AM   #6
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschwiggy View Post
How much did the dealer charge for the install? Mine just quoted me $830 for labor (5.1 hours at $162/hr) plus $45 for “misc parts.” That doesn’t include fluid either.
I'll have to check my invoice, but the race shop I used charged me right around the same. I was just under $3k all in and the part was $2150 after a discount. They also had to order a circlip + seal kit (for the output shafts, I believe) that does not come with the LSD, which I'm guessing is what your $45 "misc parts" charge is for. The LSD comes pre-filled with oil from BMW. Per BMW Motorsport's recommendation, I was told to break it in for 1000 miles using the factory installed oil and then change it out for 75W-140 race oil. I am about 150 miles shy of the 1000-mile mark, so I just ordered some Motul Gear Competition 75w140 oil off Amazon. Ordered 2 liters, but I am pretty sure it takes < 1L of oil. Can anyone confirm? Couldn't find the quantity info on newtis.info, although the suitable oil info is there.

And yes, the MP LSD is where it's at! Wouldn't want to keep the car without it...