View Single Post
      02-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #17
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
The quick cheap brake job like the one posted for $245 usually uses cheap China Rotors that are wafer thin, just meeting minimal tolerances that don't last long or perform well. Same goes for the pads included. I've done that in the past and the next year the place informed me I needed new rotors again, just crazy!

Better off spending the money on good quality components and saving on the labor by DIY. There are many places that can be used to do the brake job as it usually isn't something that takes a lot of time, as noted lol, Walmart or a Home Depot lot, school or any other large parking lot. If questioned, just say your caliper fell off and you're fixing it yourself, will be done in a jiffy. Assumptions here include that you have all the tools you need along with the know how to do the job. You would want to have to leave the vehicle up on a jack or stand to go get something you need... Rotors and pads, relube slides, replace boots, etc., can be done in an hour, maybe 2, if you run into small issues. If you are new at it, double that, lol

Good luck
Read it again. The $245 was labor only.