Thread: B48 oil change
View Single Post
      10-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
mleskovar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 230i

I prefer to service my own vehicles for the convenience and knowledge it's being done correctly. Make an appointment online, show up at the dealer and wait in line, listen to the service writer try to up sell your visit without even looking at your car, get an Uber back home, wait 5 or 6 hours and sometimes next day, go back to the dealer and wait in line again to pick up your car, listen to the service writer again while they recommend everything under the sun that "could" be done for precautionary reasons, get your car and drive home. Without the wait time while you're away we're talking 3 hours of time at a minimum and a shot day(s). Then you look at what they touched. Missing fasteners, misaligned o-rings and gaskets, broken or missing plastic pieces, short or over fill on the oil (several times for me). You'll have 25% brake pads remaining and they want to replace them. They want to change your brake fluid when I check it before going in for moisture and it's fine (only reason to change it). Face it, it's a business and the service writers are judged/paid for how much $ they write and the mechanics are paid to do what they're told quickly and nothing more. Most fluid checks today are visual or not at all unless there's a leak and all the "lubrication" points are ignored so all the "check list" stuff is a fantasy. I'll go to an indy for oil changes on this car because it's just too hard to get my old body under it. EOR
Appreciate 0