View Single Post
      05-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
khj24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
This is great info. I just had to look this up a few days ago, and found the same info in a Mikey video:

It really annoys me that it is a real pain to get this car up on jack stands with just a common floor jack. Most of us don't have lifts. If you use your jack on the lift points, there are very few good places on the undercarriage to place a jack stand. The rear has spots on the subframe mounting, but the front really has nothing. At least not without dropping a bunch of the covers.

So, every time I need to get all four corners up it becomes a complicated dance of getting one corner up until you can get to the central front, and then hoping the car doesn't fall off as you tilt it back and forth. <sigh> Really wish there was a third lift point on the side to lift the car on and then place stands on the other two.
Haha really wish I saw this video earlier. I have ramps, but they're such a pain with the car being so low. I have to extend the slope with some blocks of wood which makes garage real estate hard to come by. Ideally if I wanted the whole car off the ground I could back the car up ramps and then jack up the front, but I fear even my low profile jack cant clear with the back of the car up in the air.

And yea, exposed frame rails like a normal car would be nice, I do not know why they insist on the jack pads.
Appreciate 0