View Single Post
      12-02-2023, 08:35 AM   #9
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

One thing that does niggle me, if I was using the wrong tools in the first place I should never have been able to get it off in the first place.

same socket and bar arrangement, came off easily

wound new one on, took it till it stopped, then tried to back it off and nothing.

anyhoo, come summer I'll maybe try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Annessa View Post
It sounds like you've taken careful steps during the oil filter replacement, and it's positive that you haven't encountered any immediate issues like leaks or abnormal sounds. While NewTIS suggests the additional step of undoing and re-torquing, not being able to perform this doesn't necessarily spell trouble, especially if the cap looks perfectly sealed.

Considering you have no apparent problems with the car running smoothly and no visible leaks, you might be alright until your next oil change or winter tire swap. However, if there's any lingering doubt or if peace of mind is a priority, grabbing a new cap before your next visit to the BMW dealership might be a prudent move. It's better to be cautious, and addressing any potential concerns sooner rather than later is usually a good practice in car maintenance. Safe travels! ��✨

Last edited by nazali; 12-03-2023 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mike F.103.00