View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Rattle on larger bumps

Hi guys,

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I have been noticing a moderate rattle or clanging noise when hitting bumps. It sort of sounds like a brake heat shield or something metallic. I took off the front underbody shield and the steering rack shield and couldn't seem to find anything obviously loose.

Has anyone here encountered something similar? I've already read up on the power steering rack concerns some of the 3 series owners have had, but I don't think this is quite the same.

I recently changed my pads and the only mods I have are a down pipe and camber plates. I am fully aware of the sounds camber plates could make, but this is above and beyond the usual sounds. I've had these camber plates for about 8 months. I'm also aware of brake clunks, but again, this seems out of the ordinary. I checked the torque on all of the ball joints, end links and uper strut bolts. Wheels are torqued to spec as well.

I'm more worried because my warranty will be up in June and I would like to try and pinpoint this if it's a real issue before then.
Appreciate 0