View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 10:43 PM   #7
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

dradernh That is some impressive packing. (And I'm referred to as the 'superior packer' in my family, so that is high praise. ) I can't quite see with the moving blanket, but are you setting the tires upright, four across, in the back seat? Or are you setting them flat, two high, two wide?

The track event coordinator in my club drives an M2, and he has a trailer very similar to what you're showing for his Hoosiers. He also has a ton of other gear, including two pop-up canopies in his car, so he needed the trailer for the tires. He loves it.

Unicorn123 Another guy with an E46 M3 in our club does the roof rack thing with his car. He doesn't bother to pull the rack off for the weekend. I think he leaves it on just to amuse people.

At this point I'm still just driving my RS4's to the track. I could squeeze them in the rear seat, but that's starting to seem like a lot of effort, and they work fine on the street for driving there. And not having to swap wheels is one less thing to mess with at the track.
Appreciate 0