View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 04:58 PM   #12
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Well, it's only partially about the Windows thing -- and, as an Apple fanboy, I'm sure you realize that we live in a far less 'Windows' world than we did, say, five years ago. And that's part of the rub: the software required (both E-Sys for coding and the Fischer DSP for the amp) is likely based on an older language that simply can't be run on OS X. Sure I can go buy a $100 laptop with Windows XP and rock this, or use Boot Camp or a Windows partition on one of my Macs ...

... But that brings me to what is really my main beef. I work in marketing, and I have an issue with something being marketed as PnP when to operate it requires a quasi-legal modification to a vehicle that only knowledgable enthusiasts will know about, much less attempt.

Let's just say that this isn't gonna be something Crutchfield ever puts in its catalog. Just sayin'.
You're wrong my friend Crutchfield and Audiotec Fisher sells the basic amp where this is based from and 3 things things it doesnt have a PNP harness, custom mounting bracket and a professional model specific tune. A;so ours has modified internals exclusively for the HIFI system....

Here's Crutchfield version...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_975PP82...&awmt=p&awnw=g

and here's me working on the custom bracket for it on a 228i

Appreciate 0