09-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #9
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
The 2 series HIFI system is the worst OEM system BMW sells. I created a tune for it last week and couldn't believe that it doesn't even have tweeters. Coding the ASD off is a minor trade off compared to how much better the sound system is going to be...
No argument with you there. Heck; it's the worst OEM system I've ever had in a new car, period -- and the ASD implementation is just one aspect of that.

However, for those of us who have not coded our cars and/or who do not have ready access to a PC or Windows (I use Apple exclusively; many reasons for that), this system is not PnP.

For reference: I ran into the same issue when shopping for a good mid-fi A/V receiver for home use. Generally, the best room-correction software is made by Anthem, a Canadian company that builds KILLER high-end amplifiers. One of its A/V receivers was No. 1 on my shopping list until I learned that the software was only for Windows. Sure, the receiver would've worked fine without running the software. But it matters in A/V applications -- and I don't have an ASD drone to deal with there as well.

Last edited by Viffermike; 09-21-2015 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0