Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I figured you needed a target. So here I am.

Your life is short here on earth compared to the eternity that is going to await you if you don't accept Christ as your saviour.

But I don't suspect I'll change your mind. Just like you aren't going to change mine.

Still...a rational human such as yourself should be able to articulate exactly what you believe...and why you see no evidence for a God in this world. PM me since we can't discuss religion here openly anymore.
Supposing I was able to overcome the circular reasoning and illogical faith-based arguments for God...how can so many people have gotten it wrong who earnestly believe Allah is their lord and savior? So many people going to hell simply by virtue of being born in the wrong part of the world. Doesn't seem fair to condemn these people to eternal suffering for something as uneventful as their short life on this Earth, especially by a God who is good.
Wait, I can't overcome it after all. Would happily take you up on PM discussions. I've been married to a devoutly Christian woman for 10 years, have gone to different churches, read the Bible, tried to keep an open mind, but after all this time, I am still agnostic. I don't know if God exists or does not, but cannot go either way with absolute certainty.
So you attack somebody who is Christian faith based. Since you don't know one way or the other on God, do you also attack atheists?
I don't think I attack anyone, if I could figure this issue out for myself I think I'd be better off for it. Dealing in absolutes on this particular matter is not correct, since there's no way to validate the truth. I don't favor one side or the other, and think atheists are equally wrong in their absolutism. Likewise, I can see how my position is "the coward's way out" and that it's better to believe in something than to believe in nothing. Notwithstanding all of that, even if a higher power is real, I still don't understand how from the religious texts each major religion follows that they can, without a shadow of a doubt conclude that they are correct, when the others have established something completely opposite (in the sense that the others are condemned to hell for eternity).
Appreciate 0