View Single Post
      11-08-2023, 11:04 AM   #64
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Wheel bearings may be worth a shot at replacing especially if they're of an age or high mileage.

I believe I finally figured out where the micro-slippage is happening, in-between the hub and wheel bearing a small amount of corrosion is able to build up which begins to ruin the trueness of how flat the two mating surfaces are.

Funnily enough BMW have now released a "bearing repair kit" 83192298825. This quite literally consists of a sanding pad to remove the corrosion and a sealant adhesive, I guess it acts like a barrier glue to prevent anything from getting in there again.

If you consider doing this remember to buy new bearing bolts, they are all torque to yield meaning one time use.

As for the friction discs make sure you sand/key the two mating surfaces before installing these, I hear a lot of people say that they don't work but just throw them on with no prep, they're teflon discs designed to stop microscopic slippage and therefore need a clean and prepped surface to grab onto.
dradernh4413.00