View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
zsalim240i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 White M240

Remus Axleback exhaust with custom midpipe - m240i

Hey guys, just got a Remus axleback put in with a custom midpipe from my local muffler shop:

Here's a short clip with my thoughts:

It sounds GOOD! The best thing about the remus is that it retains the valve functionality so I can have it loud in sport/sport+ and softer in comfort(that was a big selling point for me since I have a 6 month old).

Driving in comfort: the car definitely sounds beefier, you can tell there's an exhaust with the windows rolled up but it's not super loud and you can't really hear much. With the windows rolled down, you can hear the sound and it's definitely louder but not raspy, it's very smooth.

Driving in sport: This is where the exhaust really shines, it gets much louder and pops a lot on deceleration. You can hear the pops in the cabin as well with the windows rolled up, and the windows down you can hear the pops and gurgles even when decelerating in 3rd or 4th gear.
The upshifts sound AMAZING in Sport mode.

The one thing that someone might have a problem with this setup is that it's not THAT loud volume wise. The sound itself is really nice, the gurgles, pops and theatrics are fantastic, but in terms of volume this isn't super loud. Which for me is fine but if you're looking for something super obnoxious and you want to be heard coming from two streets down, then this setup is not for you.

I imagine this sounds very similar to Remus Axleback with Dinan Midpipe or MPE with Dinan as I showed them the muffler shop the spec for the dinan and they made mine out of stainless as well. The only reason I did not get the MPE was because for some reason for the m240i they don't support the valve closing functionality so it's the same volume regardless of which mode you're in(confirmed by Brian at Sun Motors). The m235i does support this with the MPE.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions or video requests, yes this one isn't that great I know I know and it's in a parking garage at work, I'll try to get some more up soon.

Aside: I have an Agency Power intake also that sounds amazing when combined with the exhaust setup, you can hear the turbos spool and then release as you rev up and then a giant snap/pop as you shift from 1st to 2nd, sounds soooo good.

Here's the clip:

the first few revs are in comfort, then in sport and sport plus. You'll be able to tell the difference.