View Single Post
      08-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #23
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I totally agree with this and I tell my car friends this all the time when they're thinking about a particular modification. Short of the OEM upper isolator, what else is there that's really missing from the OEM design in terms of controlling NVH? If there really that much difference felt running it without an isolator in comparison to the extra NVH. I'm thinking in terms of people that drive almost entirely on the street. Either way, it looks like there is an option to use the isolator if you want.

As for the dust boots, I'd definitely try and find something that can provide some protection to the exposed strut if you live somewhere where salt is used for snow/ice treatment. From my Subaru days, I've many Bilsteins and other exposed coilover struts that have rust on the exposed strut because the salt eats quickly through the chrome finish. That's not good for the internal valving, especially on a non-inverted strut.

You could prob. Trim the dust boots. My guess is they would tear if you leave them.

Nvh is going to be from the bearings transferring more force/vibration, feel to the strut towers, oem have more compliance which absorbs some of the nvh as well as feel.

I doubt these are terribly loud they look well designed to properly distribute the load.

If your driving entirely street, why add camber plates? Like adding a wing to a fwd car.
Appreciate 0