05-22-2020, 07:35 PM   #68
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid67 View Post
The MSS kit doesnt come with bump stops?
See below my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Is the F2x/F3x version like the F8x one where you have to undo the lower camber arm to adjust the rear height since they placed the adjuster at the bottom? It kind of looks that way from GoodMoodley's pics.

It kind of stumps me why they'd put the height adjuster where access to it is restricted by other control arms other than to save cost by not having another spring coupler. I'm really surprised they didn't put the adjuster at the top like every other coilover/HAS kit for the F8x version.

Just got off the phone with MSS. The kit photos posted above by Goodmoodley is the newest version, like within the last 6mon newer.. These kits have a slight change over the original kits that initially were released maybe only like only 6mo ago so early or mid 2019....

There is no difference in performance between either kit. The only difference is the new kit the front adjusters are located at the bottom of the front springs whereas the original kits (my kit) the front adjusters are installed on the top. . Not sure why they made this change but they stated performance is same for both kits. The rear setup is same for both kits.
The other change is that the new kit requires the included bump stops as you can see in Goodmoodley's photos. The original kit does not come with bumpstops because the OEM can be used with no issue.

So if you don't have the bumpstops and your kit has the MEYLE dust cover/boot/strut X2 in the box then this is the original kit. I bought mine from a forum member and this is how I obtained the original kit vice what Goodmoodley has posted.

Getting my springs installed tomorrow, so hopefully no rubbing with my tire setup..
Appreciate 0