04-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #10
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
I ordered the KW V3 from tire rack for a substantial savings but sent them back for the Ohlins. The benefit of the Ohlins is that they can be rebuilt by most people, the KWs need to be sent off for at least a week.

As for the wheels, I was able to get 9.5" on 265/35-18 Hankook RS4 to fit all the way around. It's like a small jacket on a fat man but they will fit. I'll post more details once I am 100% sure they will fit without any issues.
On the warranty/rebuild with KW, yea, it's a bit painful, for sure.. They actually don't warranty their Clubsports, at all! Whereas they do with V1-V3's. Which is also why I was pleased to buy them brand n'used from iND, for 1/3 price lol. But at least they are rebuild-able, just gotta hope and pray I never have issues, mid season

As for wheels, that's great! Haha, agree 100% on the fat man/ small jacket, we test fitted the 9" wheel with PSS's and it's damn close without the camber set. The primary reason I wanted the 9" wheel was to run a smaller spacer, which is required to clear the spring seat, so I should be able to get away with a 10-12mm vs 15-20mm.. I learned a lot about what I'd be up against, through Anthony235, he's also made a 9.5" square setup work, for him, with CS's.

Can't wait to see how this goes, tuned in!

D