Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
I'm excited to see this thread progress. I feel like my car will eventually end up down that road. For now I have apex wheels, lsd, exhaust, intake, and some atheistic pieces.

My next move is going to be the electronic m perf steering wheel, so I can see temps on track of course, not because it looks cool. Hopefully after that it will be coils.

I'll be waiting to hear what you think of the ohlins. My friends 1m on ohlins feels awesome, but I haven't seen to many people on here with them.
If you want to log the vitals and not doing the steering wheel for aesthetics purposes, I recommend you getting a Solo DL. It will log your track times and all of your engine vitals as it correlates with different parts of the track. I.e. If you are worries about oil starvation, you can look back at the data and see which corners may or may not be causing starvation issues and what gees you are pulling that causes the starvation to happen. It's much cheaper than the steering wheel and a much more effective tool.

The Ohlins are amazing. They are very well behaved on the street but really hold their own on the track. Of course, as with any coilovers or springs, the ride will be much harsher on sharp bumps or potholes but otherwise, they are hardly noticeable on public roads. If you go with their recommended settings on drop, you won't have many scraping issues either.

Sounds to me like all you need at are the coilovers and camber plates! I recently got Apex wheels as well - they were a game changer but more on that later
How easy is it to monitor current temps on a solo dL? Will it display anything or do you have to actually check the logs on a computer? That's my biggest concern since I don't have anything for temps.

If it's significantly less than the wheel I would definitely consider it. I originally was looking at awron gauges, but since they are only a couple hundred off the price of the wheel I figured why not get the wheel.

I love my apex wheels too. I also have their wheel studs which look super aggressive.

Thanks for the input on the coils!
1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 0