View Single Post
      08-31-2020, 07:50 PM   #3
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Nice! The consistency of your line and smoothness with the controls makes for an enjoyable viewing experience. This quality of driving should enable someone new to the track to be confident in their car placement during their initial sessions.
Thanks! (blush) It was nice getting back in a car I'm comfortable in and focusing on smoothness, compared to the last several months of struggling with three-pedal monstrosities...

Quote:
The fact that videos are poor representations of what it's like in the car along with the throttle application data makes it look like you're conservative during the transition to full throttle. Whether that's true or not, I know that's not what it feels like.
100% true, being more aggressive on the throttle is something I'm trying to work on. The instant torque rewards some smoothness (I have the spins to prove it), but I generally err being too gentle there.

Quote:
I've lost track – what tires are you running now;
275/35/18 Re71r on 10" rims. This was also my first time trying some fancy MCS shocks and very aggressive springs (650 ft lb F, 800 ft lb R). Never thought I'd say it given the weight, but the car feels very much like a go kart now.

Quote:
and, your seating distance from the steering wheel makes it look like you'd have better control if you sat closer – have you tried that and found it unsatisfactory or do you have concerns about the airbag going off with you right in front of it?

I'll be the first to admit that I like sitting right up on the wheel, air bags be damned*. My elbows are bent at pretty much a 90° angle when I'm holding the wheel at 9 & 3. It's not the safest, I know, as my knees are within an inch of the bottom of the dash. The position did help me save a tank-slapper once, so it "paid" for itself in that regard. I use this seating position on the street.
To be honest, haven't thought too much about it, definitely not concerns about the airbag. I can probably pull the wheel closer to me, but then I stop being able to see the bottom of the instrument cluster. Short people problems...

Quote:
Was this your trailer's first outing? Isn't it nice having one?
Not the first time, I hauled my friend's car a few times when I first got it, and now my "proper" racecar a few more before this weekend. (And it's more than nice!) First time with the F22 though, which is both wider/taller and 1000 lbs heavier than I anything I'd towed in it. There was a lot of "measure 5 times, drill once" when I was making sure the F22 fits under that tire rack...
Appreciate 1
dradernh4377.50