06-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #33
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj-
Soooo... About those 'missing features'. The service manager examined my car and showed me that they were all in fact there (doh!).

1) Side dimming mirrors - newer mirrors no longer have that noticeable film. The cut off happens below the black trim/film goes to the edge.

2) Since this is a cab, I have the wind breaker screen setup almost 99% of the time. This blocks out most light from hitting the mirror since it's a mesh that sits essentially in the path between RR mirror and the rear window. Long story short, mirrors weren't dimming because of the wind screen blocking most bright light and when you looked through mirror it seemed that only the RR mirror was dimmed because of the mesh...) Best way to test would have been the flashlight test referenced here..

3) The adaptive lights are in fact there, they're just much slower than previous generations. I did most of my testing against the garage door, I suspect/hope it moves quicker if the car is at speed or the wheel is turned more. On my other cars they turn in almost real time with the steering angle.

Anyhow, the dealer was great and very patient LOL. Oops.
Oh, good news then despite a bit of egg on your face lol. I'd rather have that scenario than actually have missing features.

My side mirrors barely dimmed when compared to my rearview mirror when I did my flashlight test. The rearview was almost black at one point and the sides barely dimmed at all. In fact, I really just noticed the sides brighten when I turned the light off. Didn't really notice them darken.

I do notice some lag while driving at night, but it's not too bad. I'd say around half a second.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 1