Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilax59 View Post
The gear selector was probably the most difficult to wrap because of how curved and small the surface is. Also, the back of the trim had to have almost zero extra wrap, otherwise it would not fit properly. That piece alone took almost an hour and a half.

The passenger side dash/vent trim was by far the most difficult to remove because there were so many clips. Only patience and time can get you through removing that piece lol.
I did everything except the gear selector and the surrounding piece at the base. With the base, did you have any difficulties? I started wrapping mine and gave up because it was taking too long to get it cut out with a exacto knife. What method did you used for yours? Also, did you remove the gear selector to wrap?
I tried wrapping the gear selector without removing it and there were some crease marks and it did not look good. Also, when the inside of my car got hot really hot, the wrap started peeling up a little bit off the sides, so I decided to remove the gear selector trim and do it the right way. It turned out much, much better; the edges of cleaner and nothing peels off.